Room 4 have been working on some STEM challenges this month.
For challenge 1, the children worked in groups to plan, draw and build a class Lego Land. Their Lego house had to meet the following criteria
- it must be the size of an A4 piece of paper.
- it must have bedrooms, a kitchen, a bathroom and a living room.
- it must be as tall as a glue stick.
For challenge 2, the children worked in groups to design and create a model of a rope bridge that hangs between two cliffs.
The criteria for this challenges was that the bridge
- must hang between two desks that are ten lollipop sticks apart.
- must be able to hold the weight of five toy animals.
- must be made using only lollipop sticks and strings.